Where we live, work, play, and learn shapes our health
The Healthy Places Coalition advances public health involvement in land use and transportation planning to ensure that all neighborhoods in California promote the opportunity to live a healthy life. We accomplish this by:
- Supporting collaboration to strengthen activism and engagement;
- Developing and advancing local and state policy;
- Holding government agencies accountable;
- Engaging with developers for responsible planning and promoting healthy communities;
- Increasing public and policymaker awareness; and
- Promoting research and tools.
The Coalition consists of practitioners from the planning, public health, parks and recreation, and other related fields, community advocates, academics, and concerned individuals from around the state committed to social and health equity.