Friday, June 22, 2012
Please join ASTHO for an in-depth discussion of strategies used for adoption and implementation of policies and approaches that address health equity. The webinar will draw on promising practices from federal, state health agencies, tribal entities, and other community partners.
National experts will highlight:
Broad perspectives on the economic burden of health equity inequities, residential segregation, and evidence-based policy recommendations.
Tribal and state examples from Montana and Massachusetts
Increase awareness of the economic impact of health equity and opportunities to inform federal, state, tribal, and local partners.
Understand the unique opportunities to address the economic impact of health equity with partners in tribal health and other racial/ethnic groups.
Increase sharing of best and promising practices and policies in the economic case for health equity.
Featured Moderator and Speakers
- Dr. Terry Cline, PhD, Oklahoma Commissioner of Health
- Dr. Brian Smedley, PhD, Vice President and Director of the Health Policy Institute of the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Anna Whiting Sorrell, MPA, Director of Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- Jane Smilie, MPH, Administrator of Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- John Auerbach, MBA, Massachusetts Commissioner of Health