Wednesday, July 25, 2012 (10:00AM - 11:00AM)
With the increasing focus on evidence-based practice and fiscal accountability, effective program evaluation becomes even more important. Whether you are a manager of a small community program or a director of a city-wide initiative, this webinar will review the relevant steps of program evaluation, including planning tips, development strategies and data requirements. From needs assessments to different types of outcomes, this webinar will provide practical approaches to conducting a program evaluation.
- Billie Weiss - UNITY Co-Chair; Department of Epidemiology, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Paul Hsu - UNITY Team Member; Assistant Adjunct Professor, Department of Epidemiology, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Hosted by Annie Lyles - Program Manager, UNITY and Prevention Institute
1. Understand the basic steps/framework of an evaluation (needs assessments, defining goals and objectives, etc).
2. Differentiate between process, impact, and other types of evaluations.
3. Utilize web-based and other resources in the development of an evaluation.
4. Provide and discuss examples from other UNITY evaluations.