"After another senseless death, listen to youth speak in art" (9.21.11)
Minneapolis' City Blueprint for Action looks at preventing youth violence through a public health lens. Part of Prevention Institute's UNITY city network, Minneapolis is working to address the root causes of violence in order to prevent it, before it occurs.
"Senate vote could undercut funding for new Multnomah County youth violence-prevention program" (9.22.11)
Federal funding for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention preventing violence efforts is in peril. Read how these cuts will affect Portland, OR and other cities across the country, working to prevent youth violence. Prevention Institute's Rachel Davis is quoted.Read more...
Oakland celebrates the update and rerelease of influential book 'Helping Teens Stop Violence'" (9.1.11)
Prevention Institute was proud to welcome authors Allan Creighton and Paul Kivel to celebrate the release of "Helping Teens Stop Violence, Build Community and Stand for Social Justice."
"Strategic Alliance joins Center for Science in the Public Interest to launch Food Day 2011" (8.25.11)
Strategic Alliance for Healthy Food and Activity Environments, an initiative coordinated by Prevention Institute, is working in conjunction with CSPI to assemble a California Food Day team, comprised of local and state organizations and coalitions.
- "National health policy leaders converge in Keystone" (7.31.11)
- "Natural & Organic Hot Dogs Not As Healthy As They Claim" (7.15.11)
- Strategic Alliance included in Marion Nestle's "Food Advocacy: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Involved"
- Letter to the Editor: Health and the government: Larry Cohen in the Los Angeles Times
- "MyPlate Replaces the Food Pyramid - and Bay Area Nutritionists Celebrate" (6.2.11)