"Is prevention a smart investment? You bet" (8.5.11)
We all know the key to a smart investment is a good rate of return; research shows a 5-to-1 return on investment in prevention in just five years. Prevention Institute's work is highlighted.
"National health policy leaders converge in Keystone" (7.31.11)
Prevention and policy were big topics at 31st Colorado Health Symposium. Read highlights from PI's Larry Cohen's presentation on how policy can shift behaviors and norms to support health.
"Natural & Organic Hot Dogs Not As Healthy As They Claim" (7.15.11)
PI's Juliet Sims explains how food labeling can be deceptive, and discusses federal labeling mandates in this CBS clip.Read more...
Strategic Alliance included in Marion Nestle's "Food Advocacy: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Involved"
Strategic Alliance is included in Marion Nestle's latest list of organizations and resources working to help change the way America eats.
- "MyPlate Replaces the Food Pyramid - and Bay Area Nutritionists Celebrate" (6.2.11)
- Letter to the Editor: "Beyond the Food Labels" PI's Juliet Sims in the New York Times
- "Putting Real Fruit in the Loops" (4.29.11)
- "Nashville healthy living campaign draws national praise" (4.9.11)
- "Save Money! Stay Healthy!" (4.8.11)