PI's Larry Cohen featured on "NPT Reports: Children's Health Crisis - Prevention"
Through conversations with health care professionals, parents and policy makers, this documentary explores a view of health that extends beyond medical care; where healthy options are accessible, affordable and a part of every day life.
PI's Leslie Mikkelsen in the San Francisco Chronicle
The first year of Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign saw impressive successes: a promise by Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, to improve the nutritional quality of the food it sells, congressional passage of higher standards for school lunches, collaborations between chefs and schools, and a greater awareness. Leslie Mikkelsen comments on innovative practices to increase health and wellbeing in community prevention efforts.
PI's Larry Cohen in the Bay Area Citizen (2.8.11)
The latest Field Poll shows California voters' growing awareness about the importance of healthy eating. Larry Cohen, PI's Executive Director, shares the impacts of safety on health outcomes.
"Claiming Health: Front-of-Package Labeling of Children's Food" in the News
Prevention Institute's new study shows that 84% of the food industry's ‘better for you' products containing front of package labels fail to meet basic nutrition standards. Read coverage from Time, Marion Nestle's Food Politics blog, and others.
- "School lunch program likely to be overhauled" (12.2.10)
- "Health is on the Move: Transportation Policies and Physical Activity" (11.10.10)
- "New edition of book makes the case for community prevention" (11.1.10)
- "Some not happy about schools' Happy Meal fundraisers" (10.14.10)
- Letter to the Editor: "Believe in kids? Don't buy it" (9.30.10)