Letters to the Editor: Leslie Mikkelsen and Shakirah Simley in the Sacramento Bee (03.05.10)
EBT is good for families, farmers, and communities: Read letters to the editor written by PI's Leslie Mikkelsen and Shakirah Simley in response to an outrageous column in the Sacramento Bee.Read more...
"WWII Program Enlisted for War on Childhood Obesity" (02.08.10)
The national school lunch program and other food programs under the Child Nutrition Act will be at the center of first lady Michelle Obama's new anti-obesity campaign. PI's Leslie Mikkelsen is interviewed in this SF Chronicle article.
Letter to the Editor: "Innovative Policies Need Time To Work" (Health Affairs: 01.10)
The fast food moratoriums of today are just as innovative as the initial tobacco control policies were in the eighties; more time is needed to see their full impact.
Letter to the Editor: Larry Cohen on "Cells and Texting Cause 28 Percent of Traffic Crashes" (San Francisco Chronicle: 01.15.10)
The best solution to driving while texting? Investing in community infrastructure that allows us all to walk, bike and use public transit to get to where we need. We would all be not only safer but healthier also.
- "Poverty, Poor Education Shave Years Off the Life Span," Prevention Institute listed as a resource (Business Week 1.4.10)
- The Sacramento Bee interviews Executive Director Larry Cohen, "Better habits can help trim bloated health care system" (01.02.10)
- "A New Health Care Prevention Agenda: Sustainable Food Procurement and Agricultural Policy" published in The Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition (09)
- Bay Area Dietetics Association interviews Managing Director Leslie Mikkelsen on "Setting the Record Straight: Nutrition and Health Professionals Define Healthful Food" (11.09)
- Prevention Institute and UNITY in The Denver Post (11.15.09)