(right click for full screen)
The Spectrum of Prevention: A Framework for Addressing Health Equity, introduces our signature tool, the Spectrum of Prevention. It provides a step by step explanation of how the Spectrum can be used to develop a mutually supportive set of actions as part of a comprehensive primary prevention strategy that changes societal norms, systems and environments for equity.
Duration: 14 minutes
- Describe the importance of promoting a multi-faceted range of prevention activities to achieve environmental change;
- Utilize the Spectrum of Prevention to develop the essential components of a broad approach to prevent complex health and safety issues.
Please follow these instructions to get started:
- Download the transcription for module 4 to use as a guide as you go through the presentation
- Begin the presentation and right click on the slide to view in "full screen" mode.
- After the presentation, explore the sections below with strategic links and related papers on health equity-related efforts across the country.
- Fill out the module 4 evaluation via Survey Monkey (for non-CHES users) to help us continually improve the Health Equity and Prevention Primer.
CHES-certified users: To receive 5 hours of credit, complete all seven modules and ONLY fill out this CHES Assessment and Evaluation Survey via Survey Monkey instead.