(right click for full screen)
The Importance of Local Policy for Achieving Equitable Outcomes, looks at why policy—at the city and county levels, in particular—is important to health equity efforts. It provides an overview of 4 key strategies in the policy development process.
- Define policy
- Analyze ways policy can influence health equity
- Identify steps to promote equity through the policy process
Please follow these instructions to get started:
- Download the transcription for module 6 to use as a guide as you go through the presentation
- Begin the presentation and right click on the slide to view in "full screen" mode.
- After the presentation, explore the sections below with strategic links and related papers on health equity-related efforts across the country.
- Fill out the module 6 evaluation via Survey Monkey (for non-CHES users) to help us continually improve the Health Equity and Prevention Primer.
CHES-certified users: To receive 5 hours of credit, complete all seven modules and ONLY fill out this CHES Assessment and Evaluation Survey via Survey Monkey instead.