Join us for the first event of the UNITY Data & Evaluation Webinar Series.
A recording of the webinar is available here.
The Community Safety Scorecard assesses the factors in every community in Los Angeles that either prevent violence or make it more likely. From Watts to Hollywood, Koreatown to Century City, this model replaces macro statistics with fine-grained analysis, capturing protective factors as well as risk factors. The Community Safety Scorecard serves as a blueprint for advocates to depict the challenges of disadvantaged communities using hard data. The Scorecard gives four letter grades from A to F to every ZIP code in the City of Los Angeles, one grade for each of four community conditions: the state of its schools, degree of safety, concentration of risk factors, and number of protective factors. The Scorecard makes a strong case for using a comprehensive approach to create neighborhood safety. Register now and join the discussion.
- Billie Weiss: UNITY Co-Chair; Department of Epidemiology, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Paul Hsu: UNITY Team Member; Senior Researcher, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Maribel Meza: Senior Policy Analyst, Advancement Project California
- Susan Lee: Director of Urban Peace, Advancement Project California
What Is the UNITY Data & Evaluation Webinar Series?
Implementing new approaches can be intimidating for even the most seasoned practitioner, but innovative strategies are required to move the field of prevention forward. The UNITY Data & Evaluation Webinar Series is designed as a set of candid conversations for participants to learn and share with peers and with national experts committed to prevention.
For each webinar in this series, UNITY will:
- Provide examples of lessons learned from experienced practitioners
- Explore challenges and opportunities posed by the moderator and audience
- Identify opportunities to support comprehensive, multi-sector strategies