Chief Operating Officer with Providence (Oakland, CA)
We are seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to be responsible for the efficient operations of Well Being Trust. The COO carries the responsibility for development and execution of an organizational operational plan, and for integration with Providence St Joseph Health operations, staff and infrastructure as needed. The COO is expected to act in the absence of the Chief Executive. The COO will exercise management responsibility over the day-to-day operations of Well Being Trust, either directly or through delegation of responsibility to Well Being Trust staff. The COO will ensure the operations of Well Being Trust are optimized for the needs of the foundation and will assist with implementing the strategy of the Chief Executive.
Well Being Trust seeks to recruit a staff reflective of the diverse communities we serve, and encourage those of all backgrounds, including those with lived experience in the issues addressed by Well Being Trust, to apply for this position.
Learn about Well Being Trust and Providence St Joseph at:
In this position you will:
- Be “mission driven” and must uphold the mission of Well Being Trust: “Advancing the mental, social and spiritual health of the nation, to achieve human flourishing across the lifespan in healthy communities.”
- Create and oversee execution of operations plan in service of the Mission and goals of Well Being Trust.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies and tactics which optimize the use of personnel, materials/resources and systems in an effort to meet or exceed the goals laid out in the operations plan.
- Assist the Well Being Trust Chief Executive and senior team in development of the annual and 3-year horizon strategic plan and operating budget.
- Direct, supervise and hold accountable leadership, staff and contractors of Well Being Trust for areas of responsibility identified in their scope.
- Facilitate effective decision and priority setting. Delegate appropriately to allow decision making at the appropriate level.
- Develop an environment of mutual confidence, trust, integrity and ethics and mutual respect in support of a just culture. Assertively participate in, contribute to, and monitor the development and accountability of people. Reward appropriately. Also ensure “ownership” and accountability.
- Consult with Well Being Trust leadership and key stakeholder to determine operations priorities and plans, specifically regarding resource allocation. Coordinate services throughout the continuum of activities.
- Implement and oversee all activities related to systems and structures, workflow, policies and processes, including communication and enforcement of Well Being Trust procedures.
- Oversee organizational infrastructure, including initially identifying and procuring Oakland-based office space, supporting move to this space, and setting up and maintaining infrastructure in this office environment.
- Manage organization’s finances including budget planning and oversight, interface with Providence St Joseph Health budget teams, support Well Being Trust’s Board of Directors finance committee and other financial and budget tasks.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree required. Preferably in Healthcare or Business Management focus.
- 10 years’ experience of progressive responsibilities including successful experience in foundation/nonprofit management.
- 5 years’ experience in an executive level position (above Director).
- Entrepreneurship or startup management.
- Management experience in healthcare management/administration, integration, operations, financial analysis, budgeting, contract management/compliance and design.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details: http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 159471