Executive Assistant with Providence (Oakland, CA)
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to be responsible for performing ongoing administrative and secretarial support services of a complex (and often confidential) nature for an executive position and group of professionals within Well Being Trust. Based in Oakland, CA this position performs work that is varied and generally administrative and/or project-oriented. The activities of this position include managing calendars, correspondence, meeting and agenda preparation, running administrative functions of Well Being Trust’s Oakland office, and other logistical matters and special projects. It is expected that the person holding this position will network extensively with many members of Well Being Trust’s management team, as well as leaders and staff of Providence St Joseph Health and other partners, and will represent the Executive Team for Well Being Trust in a positive and professional manner.
The Executive Assistant will have extensive interaction with leadership and staff of Well Being Trust; and with vendors, representatives of professional associations, government agencies, consultants, and other external contacts. Successful performance in the position will require tact, and diplomacy; respect for confidentiality; and extensive knowledge of organizational operations, procedures and staff.
Well Being Trust seeks to recruit a staff reflective of the diverse communities we serve, and encourage those of all backgrounds, including those who have lived experiences in the issues addressed by Well Being Trust, to apply for this position.
Learn more about Well Being Trust at www.wellbeingtrust.org
Learn more about Providence St Joseph www.providence.org/providencestjoseph
In this position you will:
- Work with supervisor to develop plans needed to carry out assigned activities and projects. Exercise independent judgment with regard to planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Oversee the coordination of the office of the individual(s) you support.
- Perform administrative functions in support of meetings as assigned. Support activities include timely collection and preparation of draft agendas; dissemination of meeting materials; coordination of meeting records, evaluations and follow-up reports.
- Schedule meetings (group and individual), travel, and other internal/external commitments.
- Use Microsoft Office to complete complex assignments with timeliness and accuracy. Exercise independent judgment and decision-making in handling incoming and outbound information and material.
- Provide appropriate referrals to matters as they arise, or inform their supervisor(s) when a situation warrants direct attention.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Liberal Arts or other related subjest.
- 4 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or executive assistant, including up to three years working directly for a manager or executive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in nonprofit management, philanthropy or partnerships-based organizations.
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodology.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details: http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative (Non-Clinical)
Req ID: 159472