Food and Nutrition Supervisor at TNDC
Mission: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) provides affordable housing and services for low-income people in the Tenderloin and throughout San Francisco, to promote equitable access to opportunity and resources.
Established in 1981, TNDC has grown to employ more than 300 staff, to develop, own, manage and provide supportive services in 33 properties that offer deeply affordable housing for nearly 3,000 tenants, and to expand its work in community organizing and afterschool programming. TNDC is viewed as a trusted and well-organized community ally locally and a practice leader nationally. In San Francisco, TNDC envisions diverse communities where people with low incomes can fulfill their potential and meet their basic needs. In the Tenderloin, TNDC stands as a catalyst for advancing community interests and a force for expanding the choices that enhance livability, such as housing, employment, education, food, cultural activities, and open spaces.
TNDC values are: Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Collaboration and Equity.
The Food and Nutrition Supervisor – Health and Wellness Program, will serve under the general supervision of the Health & Wellness Program Manager. The Food and Nutrition Supervisor – Health and Wellness Program, has the responsibility of bridging together resources and maintaining relationships with food donors to expand TNDC’s food access for low income neighborhoods, coordinate monthly food demonstrations for our senior HUD housing sites, and cooking with kids, who participate in our community based Tenderloin Afterschool Program (TASP). This position includes supervision of the on call food distribution staff and coordination of volunteers.
The Food and Nutrition Supervisor – Health and Wellness Program’s primary responsibility is educating residents and Tenderloin community members about food and nutrition, supporting
and fostering continued opportunities for residents to live healthier in communities for as long as possible.
- Establish and maintain culturally relevant food and nutrition on-site programming for seniors aging in place- once a month for each HUD building.
- Establish and maintain culturally relevant cooking with kids participating in TNDC’s Tenderloin Afterschool Program- twice a month.
- Coordinate weekly community food distributions
- Maintain and establish relationships with outside agencies related to increase capacity of food programming
- Create and distribute monthly calendars of food and nutrition site specific programs: e.g. plan and offer a variety of on-site and off-site monthly programs, using group and individual oriented interventions.
- Provide supervision and support to the on call food distribution staff
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, files, and statistics on residents and Tenderloin community members being served through the Food & Nutrition focus area of the Health & Wellness Program.
- Participate in task/committee, special projects, as assigned by Health & Wellness Program Manager and Director of Tenant Services.
- Actively participate in team discussions offering feedback, ideas and suggestions both on a day-to-day basis and in team meetings.
- Consult with supervisor on programming issue/challenges.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work with, and sensitivity to, an elderly, diverse, low-income, multi-ethnic population.
- Demonstrated dependability, creativity, initiative and follow- through.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to unusual situations in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to implement health and wellness programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the critical needs of low-income senior community.
- Basic knowledge of MS word and excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food & Nutrition, Public Health, Community Health
- Two to three years of experience developing lesson plans for the delivery to targeted audience.