Prevention Institute is a national nonprofit with offices in Oakland, Los Angeles, Houston, and Washington, D.C. Our mission is to build prevention and health equity into key policies and actions at the federal, state, local, and organizational level to ensure that the places where all people live, work, play, and learn foster health, safety, and wellbeing. Since 1997, we have partnered with communities, local government entities, foundations, multiple sectors, and public health agencies to bring cutting-edge research, practice, strategy, and analysis to the pressing health and safety concerns of the day. We have applied our approach to injury and violence prevention, healthy eating, active living, land use, health systems transformation, and mental health and wellbeing, among other issues.
Prevention Institute is seeking a part-time Office Assistant. Reporting to the Administrative Program Assistant, the Office Assistant will be responsible for office and clerical duties. The individual will handle incoming phone calls and other communications, greet visitors, maintain electronic and paper files, and perform other general office and clerical duties and errands. Other duties will include assisting the Finance/ Administrative Team with preparing documents, organizing files, managing existing documents, and generally keeping the office organized, clean, and running smoothly.
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Perform receptionist duties and route incoming phone calls, emails and all other communication to appropriate staff
- Provide administrative support to all staff (copying, filing, faxing, etc.)
- Manage and maintain files, records, and storage systems
- Arrange schedules for meeting space and conference rooms
- Respond to requests for information by conducting simple internet searches
- Oversee mail deliveries and distribution
- Organize and maintain office common areas
- Support office/building upkeep including managing office supply inventory, tidying meeting areas, taking trash out, watering plants, assigning kitchen duty, etc.
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office, grocery store, etc.
- Assist with preparation for events, conferences, consultations, and presentations, including logistical support and room set-up
- Other duties, as assigned
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communication
- Foundation or a willingness to develop administrative and office skills
- Well-organized, attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adjust work plan due to shifting priorities
- Initiative to seek additional assignments when needed and work independently
- Capacity to take on, prioritize, and track a multitude of tasks
- Some previous work experience preferred, but not required
- Car preferred, but not required
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
At Prevention Institute, equity is at the forefront of our guiding principles. We prioritize embodying our mission by building a culturally diverse staff that reflects the communities we serve. To support an inclusive environment that centers those communities, we strongly encourage applicants of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, people with disabilities and all others who share in our vision to achieve a diverse and inclusive community to apply.
Salary: $14.50/ hour