People Soft Systems Administrator
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
PHI is seeking a PeopleSoft Systems Administrator. This position is based in Oakland, CA with a potential to telecommute.
Under general supervision; administers, maintains and supports Public Health Institute's production and non-production PeopleSoft Environments. Primarily responsible for overall systems design, architecture, and scalability of all servers, storage, and applications related to the various PeopleSoft systems and databases. Reports to the Director of PeopleSoft Systems, serves as a technical lead and support escalation contact for all PeopleSoft instances in production and non-production environments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all systems and servers, and storage for all PeopleSoft modules, maintaining web, application, and database tiers in high availability.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot all database environments and serves as SQL server database administrator for PeopleSoft systems.
- Support technical efforts in Infrastructure and systems integrity, performance, security, scalability, optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Perform performance monitoring and tuning of systems.
- Supports all system backups, processes for PeopleSoft systems.
- Identify, design, prepare, recommend and adapt best practices for PeopleSoft system stability, security and optimal performance.
- Plan and manage the installation of application patches, tax updates and releases on development, test, quality assurance and production systems
- Configure monitoring tools to evaluate the performance of systems
- Be available on an on-call basis for recovery and application problems
- Provide technical administration and migration support for various PeopleSoft environments
- Enforce application change control and migration strategy policies are followed
- Management of application servers, proxy servers, middleware and web servers for PeopleSoft environments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or additional 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Individual should have a minimum of 4+ years of PeopleSoft Systems Administration implementation and support experience, with at least 2 years of implementing and/or supporting 9.x versions. (PeopleSoft administration on Windows/SQL platform preferred)
- 3 years of Microsoft SQL server database administration as production DBA either supporting PeopleSoft applications or other enterprise applications
- 5 years of systems and database administration experience supporting production servers in a data center environment running enterprise applications and databases. Systems administration experience in Windows server 2008 or higher preferred.
- Strong Knowledge in SQL server 2005/2008 backups and restores (both system level and database), replication methods, high availability, and troubleshooting production issues
- Install, administer, troubleshoot Tuxedo, Web logic and PeopleSoft Process Scheduler on windows servers
- Moderate knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory and related topology.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Portal or PeopleSoft Interactive Hub and setting up Single Sign-on integrating with Microsoft active directory
- Strong experience with PeopleSoft security, roles and auditing of user accounts
- Strong understanding of Clustered & high availability environments and Virtualization environments (Microsoft Hyper-V preferred, others ok as well)
- Performance tuning in an operational or Production environment; OS, middleware (web/app server), database (SQL)
- Experience in Scripting and automation of tasks in server environments
- Working experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Human Capital Management, ELM modules People Tools 8.4x or higher, Application Engine, Portal, Security administration, Application Designer, Integration Broker, Application messaging, Prior experience in upgrades and implementation projects is a plus
- Familiarity and work experience with formal change management procedures
- Troubleshooting and problem solving experience in PeopleSoft production environment
- Must be willing to work outside regular business hours as required by implementation of special projects, support and emergencies
This is an exempt position and the salary is commensurate with experience. PHI offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403b (group retirement annuity) and partial subsidy of public transportation cost. For more information about PHI’s benefits, visit our benefits page at https://www.phi.org .
How to apply:
To apply for this position visit our Career Site at https://www.phi.jobs .
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE