Program Director for CPEHN
The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is a multicultural health policy organization dedicated to improving the health of communities of color in California. CPEHN’s mission is to improve access to health care and eliminate health disparities by advocating for public policies and sufficient resources to address the health needs of communities of color. We gather the strength of communities of color to build a united and powerful voice in health advocacy. To find out more about CPEHN go to www.cpehn.org.
CPEHN is looking for a full-time Program Director based in our Oakland office. The Program Director is responsible for overall management and implementation of program initiatives and activities to inform and support CPEHN’s policy efforts. The primary role of the Program Director is to develop and manage program strategies and projects, develop and plan public forums for a wide range of audiences and venues, and mobilize CPEHN constituents or health community for specific educational campaigns.
Key Responsibilities include
- Develop and manage program strategies and projects through an inclusive process with CPEHN’s Policy Team, program staff, and Executive Director.
- Develop and plan public forums for a wide range of audiences and venues, including convenings, conferences, workshops, and policy or media briefings.
- Develop regular activities to establish and maintain relationships with CPEHN constituents.
- Assist with the development of informational material based on original or secondary research, such as policy or issue briefs, to educate CPEHN constituents and stakeholders.
Qualifications Education and training:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree, such as a Masters in Public Health, preferred. Work Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of program management experience.
- At least 3 years of experience working with communities of color.
- A working knowledge or public policy including legislative, budgetary and administrative processes.
- Grant writing experience a plus.
- Experience conducting public speaking presentations, trainings, and conducting media interviews a plus. Specific Skills/Subject Knowledge:
- Experience with health care issues among communities of color.
- Knowledge of health care systems including primary, oral and mental health care, a plus.
- Ability to work with and across various teams, synthesize information, and implement plans.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Comfortable working in a small office environment.
- Excellent relationship building and people skills to convey concepts and create alignment and partnerships with a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to apply initiative, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
* Compensation depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
Submit your application in ONE WORD or PDF document including a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (no longer than 5 pages) to: email@example.com. Position open until filled. CPEHN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.