Protocol Coordinator, Public Health Institute
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
PHI is seeking a Protocol Coordinator for the Children’s Oncology Group (COG). This position is located in Monrovia, CA.
The Protocol Coordinator writes or edits concept proposals, research protocols, and other documents related to clinical trials. Additionally, the Protocol Coordinator manages review and approval processes of protocols during clinical trial preparation and modifications of active studies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with physician/scientists to assist in writing, developing and producing final versions of clinical research protocols.
- Designs therapy delivery maps as part of the protocol.
- Enters protocol details and development events in ProCon the SDO study tracking application.
- Communicates with physicians, (Study Chairs and Scientific Committee Chairs) and other cooperative groups (as required), responsible for developing completed protocols and coordinates communication between these groups to assure required timelines are met.
- Acts as liaison with the Data Center, Study Committee and other cooperative groups (as required) in developing a research document that incorporates the clinical details needed to treat patients and the research elements to answer study questions.
- Attends semi-annual Group meetings to participate in committee meetings for studies in the disease areas to which they are assigned.
- Assists the Research Coordinator in the development of the Data and Specimen Submission Schedule to ensure the specific requirements of the protocols as determined by COG or Intergroup Study Committees, federal agencies and Group Operations Data Center are met.
- Interacts with Clinical Research Associates, Research Coordinators, Data Managers and Database Administrators in study monitoring.
- Collects information on reported problems regarding consistency and/or clarity in open protocols and works with the Study Chair to amend the document.
- Coordinates the conversion of protocols, related documents and forms to PDF for Internet access.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- According to the guidelines established by the SDO and in collaboration with COG investigators and statisticians, drafts informed consents, edits protocols and revises standard paragraphs for some protocol sections.
- Develop and maintain lay language databases
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS Degree in life sciences, or related field, MS preferred.
- 2-3 years writing experience including protocols, grants, or other documents related to scientific research.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with Group staff and investigators.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with particular proficiency in Word, with the ability to learn new software, as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, a service orientation and outstanding interpersonal skills are essential
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Clinical Research experience helpful.
This is an exempt position and the salary is commensurate with experience. PHI offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403b (group retirement annuity) and partial subsidy of public transportation cost. For more information about PHI’s benefits, visit our benefits page at https://www.phi.org.
How to apply:
To apply for this position visit our Career Site at https://www.phi.jobs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE