Regional Policy & Outreach Manager with CPEHN
The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is a multicultural health policy organization dedicated to improving the health of communities of color in California. CPEHN’s mission is to improve access to health care and eliminate health disparities by advocating for public policies and sufficient resources to address the health needs of communities of color. We gather the strength of communities of color to build a united and powerful voice in health advocacy. To find out more about CPEHN go to www.cpehn.org.
CPEHN is looking for a full-time Regional Policy & Outreach Manager based in our Los Angeles office. The Regional Policy & Outreach Manager is responsible for developing and implementing outreach, advocacy, and mobilization strategies to support CPEHN’s policy agenda. The manager works with CPEHN staff to implement community advocacy partnerships and projects. The manager leads CPEHN’s Southern California outreach and advocacy project to ensure robust community participation in county level mental health policy development.
Key Responsibilities include
- Leads CPEHN’s Southern California outreach and advocacy county level community participation efforts.
- Works closely with Senior Manager of Community Advocacy to increase CPEHN’s visibility, involvement, and support of community organizations and coalitions engaged in health equity, particularly in southern California.
- Works with community partners to develop strategies and activities to further advocacy opportunities and developing relationships with local and state policymakers.
- Assists with communications and advocacy strategies and tools to support community and stakeholder engagement, including social media campaigns.
- At least 3-5 years of community organizing or mobilization experience, specifically among communities of color.
- Experience in policy analysis and advocacy, preferably related to health or mental health.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Organized, self-starter who can apply initiative, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Based in Southern California, and willingness to travel regularly (50%) throughout Southern California and statewide, including to Oakland on a monthly basis for staff meetings.
- Access to personal vehicle and proof of insurance required.
- Comfortable working in a small office environment where hard work, a sense of humor, and flexibility are highly valued.
- Experience working on issues related to oral health a plus.
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use policy strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
$55,000 – $70,000 (DOE). Excellent benefits.
Submit your application in ONE WORD or PDF document including a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (no longer than 5 pages) to: email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Interviews will begin immediately.
CPEHN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. Bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.