Senior Program Manager with Providence (Oakland, CA)
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager to be responsible for effective management of initiatives, partnerships and grants that advance the strategies and goals laid out by the Chief Executive and senior leadership of Well Being Trust. The Program Manager is an Oakland-based position reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of Well Being Trust, and will provide structure, planning and project management skills to complete deliverables on time, within budget, and with high stakeholder satisfaction. As part of a lean team at a new, nimble and rapidly-growing foundation, the Program Manager role will require a large degree of flexibility and adaptation to meet the needs of the organization and their role as they emerge and evolve. The Program Manager will interface directly with senior leadership, partners, grantees and other external stakeholders of Well Being Trust, and as such will require strong communication, coordination and facilitation skills.
Well Being Trust seeks to recruit a staff reflective of the diverse communities we serve, and encourage those of all backgrounds, including those had experiences with the issues addressed by Well Being Trust, to apply for this position.
To learn more about Well Being Trust and Providence St Joseph Health:
In this position you will:
- Be “mission driven” and uphold the mission of Well Being Trust: “Advancing the mental, social and spiritual health of the nation to achieve human flourishing across the lifespan in healthy communities.”
- Provide oversight of Well Being Trust’s grant-making and reporting processes in collaboration with the Chief Executive, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Policy Officer, ensuring consistency, efficiency and accuracy.
- Interface with Well Being Trust, grantees, and Providence St Joseph Health teams and leadership as needed for the successful completion of deliverables.
- Assist with execution of strategic and operations plan in service of the mission and goals of Well Being Trust.
- Identify, gather, analyze and present relevant data, research and/or information necessary to complete deliverables.
- Engage partners, grantees and key stakeholders and guide team members through project completion. Facilitate meetings, set agendas, and document any notes or action items.
- Develop communication materials and tools to support the activities of Well Being Trust. Provide support to events, speaking engagements, etc. as needed.
- Work independently and prioritizes the investment of time and resources of Well Being Trust. Make informed decisions, anticipate and communicate issues promptly, developing trust with Well Being Trust leadership and other stakeholders.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field ( for example nonprofit management, business or healthcare administration).
- 7 years’ experience of progressive responsibilities, including grant, project or program management activities. Experience in nonprofit management, philanthropy or partnership-based organizations.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Public health, psychology or related field.
- Familiarity with project management tools and methodology.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details: http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Project & Program Management - Non-Clinical
Req ID: 159477