Sr. Peple Soft Engineer, Public Health Institute
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
PHI is seeking a Sr. PeopleSoft Engineer. This position is based in Oakland, CA with a potential to telecommute.
Under general supervision acts as functional lead and senior subject matter expert of PHI’s PeopleSoft Labor Distribution process. Works closely with end users and IT staff to identify and implement PeopleSoft Labor Distribution functionality to support PHI business processes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as PHI’s functional lead on labor distribution process, connecting PeopleSoft Time and Labor, Labor distribution (commitment accounting) and Payroll
- Provide thought leadership to functional design of utilizing PeopleSoft delivered labor distribution and a custom ‘bolt-on’ for fringe distribution, Time & Labor to Project Costing Integration, and Payroll to GL integration.
- Work in conjunction with Time and Labor and Payroll leads and Project Costing and GL leads to review, validate design and connectivity, upstream/downstream impact with Labor distribution process and to ensure that data flow to GL, PC is vetted as required by PHI
- Take ownership, leadership of existing design and process, identify areas that require follow up, closure or improvement and provide support to bring closure or to move things forward
- Provide clearly written documentation, business process diagrams for all work performed and as requested.
- Provide thought leadership in module level configurations and other technical areas as is applicable to labor distribution, commitment accounting, integration components across FSCM to HCM (with respect to labor distribution process)
- Provide functional and technical support, coaching, and mentorship to PHI Time & Labor and Payroll module leads
- Develop, in conjunction with PHI module leads, “desk manual” documentation of the daily, bi-weekly, annual tasks required of Labor Distribution administrators.
- Design, develop, and maintain unit test scripts and provide support for unit testing, system integration testing, and user acceptance testing cycles, closely working with PHI module leads
- Work with PHI business leaders, stakeholders, implementation consultants, and module leads to plan out PHI scenarios to be used for Integration testing and related sequencing of test scripts
- Provide functional insight/support to PHI PeopleSoft project team, including FSCM, HCM and Technical consultants
- Perform functional unit testing in assigned environment
- Work closely with respective PHI PeopleSoft project module leads on the PHI PeopleSoft implementation project
- Design, configure and functional assistance to Reports, Interfaces, Integration, Conversion, Enhancements (RICE) elements connected to Time & Labor and Payroll modules
- Design, develop and maintain training documentation and provide training to module leads and other PHI users as required
- Provide assistance and input to cut over checklist and procedure development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or additional 4 years of equivalent experience.
- 7+ years related PeopleSoft experience
- Strong understanding and functional experience in the following modules: PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM - Labor Distribution, Commitment Accounting, Time and Labor, Payroll for North America and experience in integration to FSCM - General Ledger and Project Costing
- Expertise in specific integrations: Labor Distribution in a project costing environment, Time & Labor to Project Costing, Payroll to GL
- Experience implementing PeopleSoft labor distribution process in a Research Institution/Higher Ed environment (with Grants, Project Costing, Contracts modules) preferred
- Experience with integration broker messages requirements for HCM to FSCM and vice versa integration, as it relates to labor distribution
- Experience utilizing speed types, combo codes in PeopleSoft 9.2 (FSCM to HCM) with labor distribution a big plus
- Excellent functional and technical documentation skills
- Experience in UPK documentation preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Excellent people skills; ability to work well with multiple stakeholders; thoughtful and respectful of staff time; advocate for PHI module leads
- Follow through and leadership skills; adept at owning an issue until it is 100% resolved
- Excellent analytical skills
This is an exempt position and the salary is commensurate with experience. PHI offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403b (group retirement annuity) and partial subsidy of public transportation cost. For more information about PHI’s benefits, visit our benefits page at https://www.phi.org.
How to apply:
To apply for this position visit our Career Site at https://www.phi.jobs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE