Programmer Analyst II, Public Health Institute
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
PHI is seeking a Programmer Analyst II for the Children’s Oncology Group. This position is based in Monrovia, CA.
Design, develop, troubleshoot, maintain, and update client/server software applications using Microsoft Access, Microsoft .NET technologies, Microsoft Visual Basic.NET, SQL Server, Transact SQL, HTML, ASP, ASP.NET and other software tools. Participate in many phases of the software development life cycle: design, coding, debugging, testing, implementation and maintenance. Assignments typically require current knowledge of hardware, software, systems analysis techniques, and/or specialized knowledge in administrative functions or disciplines. The position requires excellent organizational and analytical skills. This position is assigned to a team, taking regular assignments from the Lead Programmer Analyst and Programmer Analyst II.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain client/server, database and web-based software applications to meet the group's needs.
- Work both independently and with project teams to analyze user needs and develop comprehensive project plans.
- Participate in design and code reviews with other programmers and management.
- Implement projects, document and unit-test projects.
- Improve performance of existing applications.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation, technical specifications.
- Provide support to production applications including application monitoring, problem troubleshooting and resolution, performance analysis and tuning to ensure maximum availability and reliability.
- Create and deliver data driven reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of software development tools as they relate to the business of Children's Oncology Group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience. 3-4 years of experience in a programming environment.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated work experience with Microsoft .NET technologies, MSSQL, HTML, ASP, XML, Microsoft Windows, and systems analysis techniques.
- Application development experience using ASP.NET, C#/VB.NET, Microsoft SQL, HTML, CSS is required.
- Experience in client/server software development and relational database design.
- Web application development experience using JQuery, Bootstrap is a plus
- Knowledge of Ektron CMS and developing application using Ektron API is a plus
- Some knowledge of building a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) web service
- Ability to apply knowledge of computer hardware, software, and programming skills towards the development and completion of custom software applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong communications skills.
- Willingness to take direction and subsequently complete projects independently.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a definite advantage.
This is a non-exempt position and the hourly wage is commensurate with experience. PHI offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403b (group retirement annuity) and partial subsidy of public transportation cost. For more information about PHI’s benefits, visit our benefits page at https://www.phi.org.
How to apply:
To apply for this position visit our Career Site at https://www.phi.jobs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE