Senior Program Officer with The Heilbrunn Department of Population and Family Health at the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University
The Heilbrunn Department of Population and Family Health at the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University seeks a Senior Program Officer for Community Engagement and Outreach with the Care and Protection of Children (CPC) Learning Network. Founded in 2005, the CPC Learning Network includes an Advisory Board, promotes innovative research, nurture communities of learning, and build the next generation of researchers and advocates for children and families worldwide.
The CPC Learning Network Secretariat also co-leads the INSPIRE Working Group with the World Health Organization; comprised of 12 core agencies and over 200 members, the INSPIRE Working Group promotes evidence-based strategies for preventing and reducing violence against children.
The Senior Program Officer for Community Engagement and Outreach will play a key role in facilitating communication across the CPC Learning Network and in promoting engagement from stakeholders at multiple levels. Approximately 50% of the Senior Program Officers' time will be dedicated to facilitating the INSPIRE Working Group while the other half of the Senior Program Officer's will be dedicated to outreach and engagement of CPC Learning Network Stakeholders working on other programs.
Coordination of the INSPIRE Working Group (50%)
The Senior Program Officer will be the primary focal point for activities related to the INSPIRE Fund being established through Ignite Philanthropy. Core functions will include:
Governance and Decision-Making
- Lead the design and maintenance of the governing structures for the INSPIRE Working Group and the INSPIRE fund disbursement;
- Play a lead role in supporting the Co-Chairs to solidify Southern participation, voice, and leadership through the development of consensus-driven Guidelines comprising purpose, principles, structure, and decision-making processes.
Supporting the Promotion and Development of Champions for INSPIRE across the Global South
- Promote new champions of violence prevention and response who can introduce INSPIRE to a broader audience, especially in the Global South;
- Engage Global South leaders and organizations in the rollout of INSPIRE, including creating a dissemination and outreach strategy and information about the INSPIRE Fund.
Coordination and Communication
- Create a listserv for partners and send regular email updates;
- Develop systems for facilitating coordination and collaboration;
- Plan strategies for INSPIRE dissemination, including guidance for partners about evidence-based decision-making and program fidelity;
- Monitor the progress of partnerships and prepare regular engagement reports as required;
- Provide technical mentorship and quality control support to partners;
- Visit field sites (if required).
Outreach and Engagement
The Senior Program Officer will oversee the CPC Learning Network's communications both externally and across that network. Functions will include:
- Liaising with the communications officer of the Department of Population and Family Health;
- Overseeing the development of the CPC Learning Network's communications materials;
- Collaborating with our affiliated entities and facilitating conversation between them;
- Supporting the development of the Network's next strategic plan.
Other related duties as assigned.
For a full job description and details on compensation, view the full job description here.