All Californians deserve the opportunity to live in healthy and safe communities, and we want YOU to join us in Sacramento to carry that message to policymakers and the media. Register here!
On May 29th, advocates from across the state will converge at the Capitol to speak up for a healthier, safer and more equitable California. ENACT Day is a great opportunity for community coalitions, grassroots organizers and advocates to develop policy advocacy skills. Attendees will:
• Learn about proposed legislation to improve access to healthy food and safe physical activity
• Participate in trainings from communications and advocacy experts on how to share your success stories and provide non-partisan education to policymakers and the media
• Join a rally and media event for a healthier, more equitable California on the Capitol steps
• Meet with your legislators or their staff about your community’s health issues and priorities
• Network with community health advocates from across the state
Spanish translation and accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided. Breakfast and lunch will be available for all, including those with dietary restrictions.
All we ask in return is for your passion, your participation and an optional donation to support the costs associated with the day and sponsor youth who otherwise would be unable to attend! Space is limited so register now.
Click here for more information about the ENACT Day 2014 policy agenda. If you have any questions or would like to make a donation of any size to sponsor youth’s traveling costs, please email William Haar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENACT Day Sponsors
- Prevention Institute
- Strategic Alliance for Healthy Food & Activity Environments
- The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- California Center for Public Health Advocacy
- California Convergence
- California Food Policy Advocates
- Public Health Institute
- Safe Routes to School National Partnership
- Berkeley Media Studies Group
ENACT Day Co-Sponsor
- California WIC Association
ENACT Day Supporters
- American Heart Association Western States Affiliate
- Roots of Change
- Greenlining Institute
- Coaching Corps
It’s not too late to become an organizational sponsor of ENACT Day! If your organization is interested, please email William Haar at email@example.com.