Since 2010, the Hogg Foundation has hosted a free biennial conference in Houston focusing on children’s mental health topics.
The Young Minds Matter 2021 Virtual Conference Series
Thursday, October 21 | 10 AM – 6 PM CST & Saturday, October 23 | 10 AM – 1 PM
View the full agenda and recordings for this event here.
Learning objectives – by attending, participants will be able to:
- Describe ”upstream” community approaches that can strengthen community healing, connection, and justice.
- Engage in candid and productive discussions about how structural inequities and racism impact the mental wellbeing of children and youth of color.
- Demonstrate the power of engaging historically excluded groups (people of color, individuals and families experiencing financial challenges, mental health challenges, etc.) in all aspects of multisector, collaborative work.
- Identify barriers and strategies to lift up the voices of youth and residents as the decision-makers and leaders of their community.
- Implicit Bias in Schools
- Dismantling the School to Prison Pipeline
- Youth Panels Addressing Critical Issues
- Supporting Infant Mental Health & Family Wellbeing
- Eastern Parents with Western Children
- And more!