Module 4: The Spectrum of Prevetion
Module 4 introduces our signature tool, the Spectrum of Prevention. It provides a step by step explanation of how the Spectrum can be used to develop a mutually supportive set of actions as part of a comprehensive primary prevention strategy that changes societal norms, systems and environments for equity.
Duration: 14 minutes
- Describe the importance of promoting a multi-faceted range of prevention activities to achieve environmental change;
- Utilize the Spectrum of Prevention to develop the essential components of a broad approach to prevent complex health and safety issues.
How to get started:
- Complete the module at your own pace.
- To begin, click to watch the video below.
- Download the transcription for module 4 to use as a guide as you go through the presentation.
After completing the Module:
- Click the "Next Module" button to continue in order, or return to the HEPP homepage to select any module
- Explore the Health Equity and Prevention Resources and equity-related efforts across the country
- Fill out the module 4 evaluation via Survey Monkey (for non-CHES users)
- Learn about the history of the HEPP tool: Methodology and Project Advisors
Prevention Institute Tools are free to use. We also provide Services to help you use our tools and to advance healthy, safe, equitable communities.